Author: Gehan de Silva Wijeyeratne
Publisher: John Beaufoy Publishing
First Edition 2018
An easy-to-use identification guide to 148 butterflies and 78 dragonflies covering the species most commonly seen in Sri Lanka.
- For butterflies the text describes identification, flight characteristics, distribution and larval food plants
- For dragonflies the text describes identification, habitats and distribution
- Overview of species classification, topography, life cycles, feeding habits, behavior, conservation and butterfly larvae food plants
- The first pocket photographic guide combining dragonflies and butterflies into one portable book
- Includes complete checklists of the butterflies and dragonflies of Sri Lanka
Gehan de Silva Wijeyeratne has been a key figure in popularising the study of entomology in Sri Lanka. His output of over 15 books and 350 articles has made people realise how rich Sri Lanka is for wildlife, helped to align conservation with an economic agenda and turned him into a wildlife celebrity. In the words of British wildlife celebrity Bill Oddie, no individual has done as much to brand a country for its wildlife as Gehan has done with Sri Lanka.
The layout and handy size make it easy to flick through and quickly locate the most likely candidate… the book would enable successful identification of most species
#ANaturalistsGuideToTheButterflies&DragonfliesOfSriLanka #GehandeSilvaWijeyeratne #OnlineBooks